Labels

Sunday, May 1, 2011

Bathing in Love and Gratitude


Do you ever feel overwhelmed or agitated?  How do you reduce the impact of seemingly difficult challenges in your daily life?

I sometimes feel overwhelmed and agitated.  When I meditate and energize myself in the morning, the likelihood of feeling overwhelmed or agitated reduces dramatically.  I would like to share with you a very powerful technique that I use for at least 4 minutes every morning.

I lie down and relax by breathing in deeply, hold the air in my lungs for 2-3 seconds and exhale completely with a short pause before inhaling air again.  After breathing this way for about a minute I feel completely relaxed. I then focus on my heart (emotion center) by physically touching my heart.  I then recall all the kindness and blessings I have received from my creator, parents, friends, wife, children, strangers and even my pet.  I visualize all the cells of my body bathed in the energy of gratitude and love.

This exercise amazingly changes my attitude, my focus and my body’s energy.  With this new found energy and attitude I experience challenges at my work and in my life with ease.   I invite you to experiment with this technique to find out how it may bring benefits for you.

In the context of Tending to Your Garden Within, it is important to nurture our soul (soil) and body with the best form of nutrients (love and gratitude) to regularly create ease and joy in our daily experiences.  The poem below conveys this concept further.


Bathing in Love and Gratitude

Focus on your breath
breath in, hold
breath out, hold.

Feel your peace and love.

Remember all the love and kindness
you received from
your creator, parents, friends, family and pets.

Soak and bathe your body in
gratitude and love.

Feel the sweet sensations and vibrations in your body.

Feel the movement of energy within your body.

You remember this feeling from long ago
and recently.

You are charged up with love and gratitude.

You smile.

You are ready to embrace your challenges.


Copyright @ 2011 by Shervin Hojat

No comments:

Post a Comment